FTP upload stall?

From: Sam Deane <sam_at_elegantchaos.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:54:08 +0100

We've been getting a problem with our unit tests where FTP uploads using curl_multi were stalling. The test in question starts off three uploads and three downloads to the same server in parallel. Unless we're somehow missing an error condition somewhere, it looks like all the uploads hang.

I seem to have tracked this down to commit 57aeabcc1a20ff8ed1d725ef0309d0d8f64194d8.

Taking the latest code (7ed25ccf0d1e5b8c7fd3bd90f0375a06011cd394 ), then reversing commit 57aeabcc1a20ff8ed1d725ef0309d0d8f64194d8, seems to be enough to fix the stall for us.

I'm not sure if the problem is the libcurl code itself, or some side-effect of the change, maybe taking away some other behaviour that we're relying on.

I don't have a plain C test yet, but I'll attempt to make one if I can. I thought I'd give you a heads-up in the meantime, just in case it's a problem that someone else can verify in the meantime.

Cheers,

- Sam -

sam deane / @samdeane | elegantchaos.com / @elegantchaoscom | mac and ios software development