Re: FTP upload stall?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:18:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 May 2013, Sam Deane wrote:

> We've been getting a problem with our unit tests where FTP uploads using
> curl_multi were stalling.

Multi or easy makes no difference internally these days!

> The test in question starts off three uploads and three downloads to the
> same server in parallel. Unless we're somehow missing an error condition
> somewhere, it looks like all the uploads hang.

Are you using active FTP? Does the problem require these three
uploads/downloads to trigger? Do all the uploads hang at the same spot in the
transfer, and if so where exactly is that?

> I seem to have tracked this down to commit 57aeabcc1a2

I don't understand how this waiting for an additional socket (that the commit
introduced) can cause a hang like that! Can you?