Re: Adding PROPFIND support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:19:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013, David Strauss wrote:

> I understand the concern with adding a library dependency, but it could be a
> default-off compile-time option.

My objection isn't only the added dependency. The fact that it doesn't have a
URL syntax/spec and the fact that it is a protocol on top of HTTP are two
additional ones. IMO, WebDAV support would blur the definiton of what libcurl
is and does.

One of my most important jobs as libcurl maintainer is to say no to things!

I think you started this discussion the wrong way around. Let's put the right
perspective on this and instead let me ask you:

Why would we add support for webdav in libcurl? As far as I can see it, it is
already perfectly possible to implement webdav by using libcurl. If it isn't,
is there something we can do to improve that ability without actually doing
the webdav parts in libcurl?