Re: VMS fixes needed to allow building.

From: John E. Malmberg <wb8tyw_at_qsl.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 22:24:04 -0500

On 3/12/2013 6:01 PM, Yang Tse wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013, John E. Malmberg <wb8tyw_at_qsl.net> wrote:
>
>> Not sure what happened, either I missed something in the patch submission or
>> something else went wrong. It definitely needs to be extern or the VMS exit
>> code does not work.
>>
>> I will try to find time to check all the files in my local directory against
>> what was checked in.
>>
>> This is what tool_main.c needs to be for VMS.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Hmm, its obvious that Tom is really using 7.29.0, while you are still
> working with your old code base.

Obviously. I have been too busy on other projects to make sure that my
curl environment was set back up after my NFS server failed. I thought
I had 7.29.0 unpacked. I will clear out that directory and unpack a
fresh tarball.

I do not have time to look at things in detail tonight and will try to
look at things more tomorrow.

> After your patches were pushed to git I made some adjustmente, which
> you clearly ar unaware of...
>
> https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/e0c491026f
> https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/453e821ad7
> https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/85625c5e28
>
> Each one has a short description.

I see the name of some files have been changed, I will need some time
to look over all of this and get my build environment back in sync.

Regards,
-John
wb8tyw_at_qsl.net
Personal Opinion Only