Re: Curl_resolv_timeout

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 22:34:48 +0100

On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 10:23:43PM +0100, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I can't think of any alternative to signals to abort the stock
> synchronous name resolver function. Can you?

One of the proposals that was bandied about before the threaded resolver came
into being was to fork() a new process to handle each new resolve. Yes, the
overhead would be terrible, but it could be done! But, technically, you would
still be killing that process with a signal, just not one anyone would care
about...

>>> Dan