Re: Static linking with mingw without msys (7.29)

From: Andrew Clarkin <ajclarkin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:06:38 +0000

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Andrew Clarkin <ajclarkin_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> simple.c compiles to a 2.5 Mb file, even when I alter the makefile
> options to set SSL, SSH2, ZLIB and so on to 0. Is this normal and is
> there anything I can do to reduce the size of the final executable?

I think maybe worked this out. I downloaded the source code package
and ran the makefile without any options specified and the resultant
libcurl.a was a bit smaller than that which comes with the libcurl
package. I then copied that to curl\lib and re-compiled the sample
files and they cam out at around 300 kb. (simple.c doesn't require ssl
or anything else.)

Please correct me if I've done the wrong thing, but I think I have
sorted my problems.

Thanks
Andrew