Re: Not able to cross-compile curl for ARM uClinux

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:20:09 +0100

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 07:10:54PM +0100, Bernard Evensrud wrote:
> Thanks for your input. Coming from the microcontroller world, I must
> admit this is over my head. I do not understand these error messages.
> There might be a possible fault in the toolchain?

That's what it looks like. It matches what I suspected originally, that
*-elf-gcc toolchains aren't normally capable of compiling generic
applications.

> I downloaded a complete toolchain package from the moxa website, the
> manufacturer for this embedded computer. Do I have any alternatives to
> try, or can I compile my own toolchain (when I do not know what I am
> doing)?

You said you have used this toolchain to compile applications before.
Were these POSIX applications or something specific to this embedded
computer? What OS is this embedded computer running? What happens when
you compile Hello World? The program that configure is complaining
about is contained in the config.log file--can you repeat the results by
compiling it manually?

>>> Dan