Re: Not able to cross-compile curl for ARM uClinux

From: Bernard Evensrud <bevensrud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:10:54 +0100

2012/12/14 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Bernard Evensrud wrote:
>
>> Trying to run the configure script without setting any variables and
>> without options other than --host=arm-elf gives this output:
>

> It does appear to be somewhat broken. See the specific configure test and
> its failure in config.log:
>

>> configure:4219: checking for C compiler default output file name
>> configure:4241: arm-elf-gcc conftest.c >&5
>> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a(__main.o)(.text+0xc4):
>> In function `__do_global_ctors':
>> : undefined reference to `__CTOR_LIST__'
>> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/arm-elf/2.95.3/libgcc.a(__main.o)(.data+0x0):
>> undefined reference to `__DTOR_LIST__'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>

> The compile command clearly fails on a rather simple program compilation.
> Why?
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Thanks for your input. Coming from the microcontroller world, I must
admit this is over my head. I do not understand these error messages.
There might be a possible fault in the toolchain?
I downloaded a complete toolchain package from the moxa website, the
manufacturer for this embedded computer. Do I have any alternatives to
try, or can I compile my own toolchain (when I do not know what I am
doing)?

I have tried on several machines, both at work and home. All with the
same result, despite different installs. I had only one thing in my
mind, all the machines was 64-bit and all was debian/ubuntu derivates.
Installing the toolchain on a 32-bit linux machine, maybe with Fedora,
might be an interesting test, or a waste of time?

Bernard E.