Re: Potential Fix to libcurl 7.28.1 HPUX11.11 rw_lock.h

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:42:01 +0100

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:32:30PM -0500, Frank Chang wrote:
> Yang Tse and Dan Fandrich, I have plenty of detailed information on this
> problem and other questions I have emailed to the curl-library-developers list.
> However, many times when I try to submit error log information or other large
> files, the email-list moderator API seems not to like large attachments.

That's an indication that you haven't put enough effort into finding the
problem yourself first. We're generally a pretty friendly and helpful
bunch around here, but it's not our job to debug your app--that's your
job. Detailed information is good, but useless information (which is the
majority of what a large attachment would consist of) is not. We'd like
to see evidence that you've done your own due diligence before calling
out for help. We'd also like to see relevant information about the
problem at hand--the kind of information that a programmer would need to
debug the problem. Some of your previous messages were lacking in both of
these areas. The canonical link on this topic is

If there is a bona fide problem with curl on HP-UX, we'd certainly like
to fix it. But, given that others are already building curl on HP-UX without
complaint here, it's up to you to convince us that it's actually a curl
problem, and not a problem in how you're trying to use curl.

>>> Dan