Libcurl behavior if server host name resolution fails

From: ajil koshy <ajil.koshy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:00:10 +0530

Hi,

I am reposting my question since I think it was missed last time.

Recently, I upgraded from libcurl's v7.23.1 to the latest version i.e.
v7.26.0. I am seeing a difference in behaviour in both versions when
libcurl encounters a server url host resolution error on windows. I am
using the multi-interface.

In the earlier version, when a host name resolution failure occurred, I
could extract the error code 'CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST' by calling
curl_multi_info_read. Libcurl also logged the following statement:
'Could not resolve host: (nil); Host not found'

In the latest version, this is not seen. Can anyone tell me how we can find
out if host name resolution failure has occurred in the latest libcurl
version?

Thanks
Ajil