Re: Unable to build libcurl on mingw with curl-7.26.0

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 07:03:30 +0200

Hi Doug,
Am 18.07.2012 05:05, schrieb Doug:
> agh. You are completely correct. Thanks a lot fo that hint.
> After forcing all the files in the archive to non-CRLF mode, the build
> worked perfectly.
great!

> Right. Well, for anyone else who hits this issue, here's a cmake
> project fragment to build curl in mingw.
>
> It literally parses every single file and then applies dos2unix to
> files which seem to contain a '\r'.
> I had no luck with msys git and any of the command line options in
> removing the CRs. :/
/me too - but so far I will fix this in git with the .gitattributes, and
in fact since yesterday I can already build from git now; some
outstanding issues still, but only warnings, and I'm sure we will fix
that too over the time ...

but sorry but I dont understand your issue; the subject mentions that
you tried to build latest release, and not from git? Why dont you just
use either the *.tar.gz or *.tar.bz2 tarballs instead of the zip file?
Then just extract the tarball from MSYS shell with:
tar xzf curl-*.tar.gz
or:
tar xjf curl-*.tar.bz2
and you have everything in LF format, there's no need to convert;
thats really only necessary if you build from git, and this is hopefully
a temporarily issue; all configure-related files are in LF format in our
git repo, its stupid msys-git which *converts* the files to CRLF!
I've just updated to git 1.7.11, and will soon check if now commandline
switches work, and if still not that is an issue with the msys-git
project, and should be fixed there, and we should file a bug there; so
are you up to check latest 1.7.11 and file a bug to their tracker if the
problem then still exists? Then come back here and tell us the issue
number, and some of us might then comment on the bug and back you up ...

oh, and BTW do you know that we also have static makefiles which work
now with MinGW standalone as well as from MSYS shell (recent git code or
daily snapshot)? These dont have this CRLF issue + are lightspeed-fast
compared to the lame configure crap ...
only thing which the static makefiles still lack is creation of the
libcurl.pc; on the other side they add resource files to the DLL and EXE
so that they can be properly identified ...
see ./docs/INSTALL for further details ...

and BTW please dont top-post:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html#Do_Not_Top_Post

Gün.