warning: ISO C does not support the 'I64' ms_printf length modifier

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 15:40:49 +0200

Hello everyone,

I am getting the following warning from my mingw32 builds:

  warning: ISO C does not support the 'I64' ms_printf length modifier

For example: http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20120629151115-27110#prob1

This is the corresponding line:

  fprintf(stderr, "*** We read %" CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T
          " bytes from file\n", nread);

It contains CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T which defined in
include/curl/curlbuild.h.dist

#elif defined(__MINGW32__)
# define CURL_SIZEOF_LONG 4
# define CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_OFF_T long long
# define CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T "I64d"
# define CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_TU "I64u"
# define CURL_FORMAT_OFF_T "%I64d"
# define CURL_SIZEOF_CURL_OFF_T 8
# define CURL_SUFFIX_CURL_OFF_T LL
# define CURL_SUFFIX_CURL_OFF_TU ULL
# define CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_SOCKLEN_T int
# define CURL_SIZEOF_CURL_SOCKLEN_T 4

As the warning shows, it seems like mingw32's ISO C does not support
the I64 length modifier. Since I am not familiar with curl's internal
printf functions, I would like to ask if someone could fix this by
using a compatible modifier?

Would be nice to see those 6 warnings go away. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Marc