Re: warning: ISO C does not support the 'I64' ms_printf length modifier

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:50:16 +0200

Hi Marc,
Am 30.06.2012 15:40, schrieb Marc Hoersken:
> I am getting the following warning from my mingw32 builds:
>
> warning: ISO C does not support the 'I64' ms_printf length modifier
>
> For example: http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20120629151115-27110#prob1
>
> This is the corresponding line:
>
> fprintf(stderr, "*** We read %" CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T
> " bytes from file\n", nread);
>
> It contains CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T which defined in
> include/curl/curlbuild.h.dist
>
> #elif defined(__MINGW32__)
> # define CURL_SIZEOF_LONG 4
> # define CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_OFF_T long long
> # define CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_T "I64d"
> # define CURL_FORMAT_CURL_OFF_TU "I64u"
> # define CURL_FORMAT_OFF_T "%I64d"
> # define CURL_SIZEOF_CURL_OFF_T 8
> # define CURL_SUFFIX_CURL_OFF_T LL
> # define CURL_SUFFIX_CURL_OFF_TU ULL
> # define CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_SOCKLEN_T int
> # define CURL_SIZEOF_CURL_SOCKLEN_T 4
>
> As the warning shows, it seems like mingw32's ISO C does not support
> the I64 length modifier. Since I am not familiar with curl's internal
> printf functions, I would like to ask if someone could fix this by
> using a compatible modifier?
I think this is a bug with the MinGW compilers, and not fixable; I tried
a lot of stuff, did google for hours, but all I could change was the
error message; these printf identifiers are legal for Windows, and same
as what MinGW self specifies in their headers (see PRI* macros in
inttypes.h) ...

Gün.