further schannel improvements
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 21:10:30 +0000
Back in April I announced I had some experience creating a schannel implementation for libcurl and I would like to help contribute to the effort that Marc had started. Marc took a first review of these patches yesterday, I've rebased them on top of the more recent changes and I think they are ready to go.
I'd appreciate any feedback or questions anyone has on my patches.
Things to note:
* Supporting Windows CE and XP/Vista/Win7 is one of my main requirements (I work for HP on devices which run various flavors of windows - Linux too - which use libcurl). Because libcurl relies on posix methods that WinCE doesn't define, to actually build libcurl for WinCE one needs to find a Windows CE posix library. I'm using wceelibcex right now (with some improvements).
* I tried to build using the suggested nmake process. It didn't work for me - include paths weren't valid relative to where I was building. I tried building with a VS 2008 command shell. (do other people have problems running nmake too?) For me it was easy to create a VS 2008 project to build / test with.
**** I have not modified the build files but I did add one new file - win32_multibyte.c - so I'd appreciate help getting this into the necessary makefiles. ****
I'd like to thank Marc H for his efforts here. I think he's done a great job. I'd love for more people to test and provide feedback on this new schannel implementation.
- application/octet-stream attachment: 0001-SSPI-related-code-Unicode-support-for-WinCE.patch
- application/octet-stream attachment: 0002-schannel-SSL-Use-standard-Curl-read-write-methods.patch
- application/octet-stream attachment: 0003-schannel-SSL-Added-helper-methods-to-simplify-code.patch
- application/octet-stream attachment: 0004-schannel-SSL-Made-send-method-handle-unexpected-case.patch
- application/octet-stream attachment: 0005-schannel-SSL-Handle-extra-data-buffer-during-handsha.patch
- application/octet-stream attachment: 0006-schannel-SSL-certificate-validation-on-WinCE.patch
- application/octet-stream attachment: 0007-schannel-SSL-Implemented-SSL-shutdown.patch
- application/octet-stream attachment: 0008-strerror.c-setup.h-fixed-a-couple-of-compile-issues-.patch