Re: SMTP Patches

From: William Betts <william.betts_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 23:28:34 -0700

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 5:58 PM, William Betts <william.betts_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've added functionality to the most recent version of curl (from git
> 7.26.1) that will allow you to set the HELO string. Currently it's
> CURLOPT_MAIL_HELO and will control both EHLO and HELO strings that are
> sent. If the option is left out it simply defaults to what it does now. I
> didn't see a need to make two separate options (CURLOPT_MAIL_EHLO and
> CURLOPT_MAIL_HELO), because they should send the same thing when
> identifying its self.
>
> Attached are the patches. I used git and tried to follow the standards
> laid out as best as possible. There isn't a test included, because I have
> no clue how to go about testing this. I have tested it out side of the
> testing framework and it did work. If there are any questions or pointers
> please feel free to ask me.
>
> Best Regards,
> William

Sorry for the reply, but if it's easier for anyone you can also get the
patches from github.

https://github.com/epicheals/One-Off/tree/master/curl/patches/7.26.1-DEV/smtp-user-supplied-helo-string

In the future would it be easier to just submit patches this way or attach
them in the email like I did originally?

Best Regards,
William