Re: Curl HTTPS memory usage

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 19:32:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 5 May 2012, Weng Xuetian wrote:

> I'm using curl to download some https content, but it seems that memory
> usage is obviously higher than http, say several megabytes for one
> connection, and seems it's not free'd (but not increase time over time
> though).

I would guess it depends a lot of the particular SSL library your libcurl is
built to use. I know some of the libraries have made an effort in decreasing
the per-connection memory overhead (like for example cyassl).

Also, you didn't state any particular details around exactly how you measure
than "26MB".

> curlm is set to use most 10 connection, seems more connection actually used,

The maximum number of connections you set is only the max that it will keep
after you use less connections. If your multi handle gets more easy handles
added, it will use more connections.