POST with Expect: 100-continue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 11:09:35 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011, karim khalid wrote:

> hello everyone,

Please use a sensible subject. Please email only the list and not the -request
receiver. Please don't top-post.

Pretty much what's said here: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html

> curl doesn't return any response from these servers applications (Jboss and
> weblogic) when they deal my request HTTP1.1 (method Post) in more than 2
> seconde. when the server treat my request HTTP 1.1 in less 1 seconde (500
> ms), Curl return a response.
>
> when I have changed this header "Expect: 100-continue" to "Expect" , the
> problem seems disappears

> Is this a bug in curl for you?

No, I don't think this is a curl bug but it may very well be a bug in the
server end. Lots of server ends fail to do Expect: handling properly.

When you say it "doesn't return any response" are you saying it gets
completely stuck? Does using -v offer any additional hints or insights on
what's going on?

  / daniel