Re : POST with Expect: 100-continue

From: karim khalid <kariming71_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 10:28:41 +0000 (GMT)

I am sorry but I am newer here, here is the response I get from the server, Really I don't belive that the latest version of WebLogic and Jboss (tomcat) doesn't handlets correctly this header Http, they are compliant with W3C recommandation. this problem occurs only if the server deal my request in more than 2 seconde, I am sure that curl send the body Request Http but what it does after ?any idea, Could you please explain how curl handles this header Http ?  that verry Pretty if you could send me the codeline that implements this header in version 7.15.5 and the latest version, I don't want to switch to the latest version( our code :200000 lines) before to be sure that is a bug in this version 7.15.5 thank very much Request: Accept: */* Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate Content-Length: 1968 Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Expect: 100-continue Response: < HTTP/1.1 100 Continue * Operation timed out after 30 seconds with 0 bytes received * Closing connection #0   Cordialement khalid KARIM ________________________________ De : Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se> À : karim khalid <kariming71@yahoo.fr>; libcurl development <curl-library@cool.haxx.se> Envoyé le : Samedi 31 Décembre 2011 11h09 Objet : POST with Expect: 100-continue On Sat, 31 Dec 2011, karim khalid wrote: > hello everyone, Please use a sensible subject. Please email only the list and not the -request receiver. Please don't top-post. Pretty much what's said here: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html > curl doesn't return any response from these servers applications (Jboss and weblogic) when they deal my request HTTP1.1 (method Post) in more than 2 seconde. when the server treat my request HTTP 1.1 in less 1 seconde (500 ms), Curl return a response. > > when I have changed this header "Expect: 100-continue" to "Expect" , the problem seems disappears > Is this a bug in curl for you? No, I don't think this is a curl bug but it may very well be a bug in the server end. Lots of server ends fail to do Expect: handling properly. When you say it "doesn't return any response" are you saying it gets completely stuck? Does using -v offer any additional hints or insights on what's going on? / daniel