Re: avoid sending USER if empty

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 19:51:12 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Vojtech Fried wrote:

I find it interesting that you're the first user to ask for this, even though
we've done FTP like this for about 13 years!

> What I would like is to avoid sending USER command if the username is empty.

Sorry, but we can't break the behavior of existing apps so we can't have that.
We can possibly introduce another magic user name or some other variation of
extending an existing option or using a new option...

> I can configure the ftpserver not to require a user login.

But why? The standard ftp way is to allow an anonymous user...