Re: contributing to curl

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:11:35 +0100

On Thursday 25 November 2010 11:49:49 Amr Shahin wrote:
> well well, that's a bit of a hard decision.
> I'd say that whether to use the current code really depends on how far we
> will go with the unit testing.

Sure, so far the current testing framework has been sufficient. If you are
going to write hundreds of new tests, then we should reconsider the
situation. But it's not worth adding a new dependency because of two or
three new tests.

> the current testing code has a single function called test( char *url ).
>
> in theory, we can add functions that will add as many test cases as needed,
> but then again we will need to add test suits, logging, memory debugging,
> etc ...

Most of that is already covered by the current framework.

> This sounds pretty much like writing a new unit testing framework,
> personally i think that using check sounds more wise. What do you guys
> think ?

I suggest to start with writing the tests. If we see there is a lot of
features missing in the current framework, we can start to think of something
else.

Kamil