error "451 Invalid Smtp line - Should end with CRLF"

From: Amr Oreaba <oreaba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:54:18 +0200

Amr: I tried Yahoo mail account and it used PLAIN
authentication and the the problem in the below URL exactly happened
to me!!!
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2010-10/0112.html
same error on verbose
451 Invalid Smtp line - Should end with CRLF
----------------------

Patrick: I think there is an unreported bug in procedure Curl_smtp_escape_eob():
Your data (not seen in verbose mode) probably contains a line starting
with a period, hitting this bug.

Since the error message is fuzzy and I can't see your data, please check
also that it meets SMTP requirements: text only, line lengths <= 1000,
etc. If it is MIME formatted, check also that it matches the standard
limitations imposed by the encodings you use.
-------------------------

Amr:you were correct, i actually used the same code in the smtp
example. in it the text is
"one\n","two\n"....etc when i remove the char \n the mail was sent and
below is the verbose

* 0x3b65a0 is at send pipe head!
* About to connect() to smtp.mail.yahoo.com port 587 (#0)
* Trying 74.6.228.71... * Connected to smtp.mail.yahoo.com (74.6.228.71) port
587 (#0)
< 220 smtp106.mail.ac4.yahoo.com ESMTP
> EHLO HOMEPC
< 250-smtp106.mail.ac4.yahoo.com
< 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN lab lab lab
< 250-PIPELINING
< 250 8BITMIME
> AUTH PLAIN bW9rY lab lab lab
zNA==
< 235 OK, go ahead
> MAIL FROM:<somesender_at_yahoo.com>
< 250 OK , completed
> RCPT TO:<somereceiverl_at_somedomain.com>
< 250 OK , completed
> DATA
< 354 Start Mail. End with CRLF.CRLF
< 250 OK , completed
* Connection #0 to host smtp.mail.yahoo.com left intact

the mail was sent but with no subject-this was not set so i can see why-
but no from and no to and no body!!! that's i do not understand.

and thanks in advance for your support.

Amr