Re: converting a VC++ code (that uses libcurl) into a dll to be used in windows mobile

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 22:17:53 -0800

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 01:16:42PM +0430, sheryl mathew wrote:
> I used libcurl for creating a client side in VC++ that would upload a file to a
> remote machine.The server side code is a php script.
> Well, the client side and server side is same as that described in this thread
> http://efreedom.com/Question/1-1985345/
> Dev-CPlusPlus-Wininet-Upload-File-Using-HTTP
> But I actually want to use this in my windows mobile and that too for a java
> application. So I want to convert my libcurl client side code into a dll ,so
> that my java application in the windows mobile device can call the VC++ dll
> using jni. And it is here,where I am stuck.

I suggest first trying to compile libcurl in your environment normally,
following the instructions in docs/INSTALL and elsewhere on the web site and
in the source. Only once you've worked out any kinks in your build environment
should you try to customize the source with your own changes.

> I m trying to make a win32 smart device dll out of this code,but on compiling I
> get this error:
>
> Error 1 fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'sys/types.h': No such
> file or directory F:\curl-7.21.2\curl-7.21.2\include\curl\curl.h 55
> I have attached the sample too with the mail. Please help me to solve this.

This is a pretty fundamental error with your toolchain. You won't even get
"Hello World" compiled with it in this state. If you still can't get past
this even after reading docs/INSTALL, the FAQ and searching the mailing lists,
then feel free to post a followup with exactly what you've tried.

>>> Dan