Re: behind the scenes of CURLOPT-commands?

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:46:40 +0200

Hi

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTPOST

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTPOSTFIELDS

>  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
>  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
>  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 0);

etc.

>  curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

This one looks like it might be invented by the PHP bindings author.
I have no idea what it does.

> I can't figure out everything and I canät find a guide online.

See the curl_easy_setopt page (mentioned above) and also the examples here:

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/example.html

and the tutorial here:

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-tutorial.html

Note also that if you know how to do what you want with the "curl"
command line utility, you can do this:

curl --your --options --here http://www.example.com/ --libcurl example.c

and example.c will be generated based on the options you choose.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>