Re: curl gives 502 after 5 minutes; IE does not; and using IE first - then curl works... (downloading intranet report that is large)

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:40:42 -0700

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 02:24:38PM -0400, Ferraro, Drew (Hidden) wrote:
> I can use my ?purl? script to download smaller reports ? but bigger ones will
> hang at the third bulletpoint, for 5 mintes, and then give a HTTP 502 once the
> counter hits?

If the server is responding 502 to these requests, then it hasn't started
sending the data which means there must be something in the request that it
doesn't like. Compare the curl debug output on a purl request with the same
when made by IE (use an appropriate extension or Wireshark) and see what that
difference is.

>>> Dan