How to close a connection to a server,

From: Shivanand <centrio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:58:36 +0530

Hi,
I am hosting some media files on a media server. It can be a shoutcast
server, MS HTTP server or Twonky media server. I use libcurl to connect to a
media file on the server and download it. I am using multi handle interfaces
to achieve the same.

I am facing a problem where in when ever I change the URL and try to
download a file from the server, previous connection does not get closed.
Hence the number of server side connections keep increasing when I keep
changing my tracks at client side,

I am having a Connect method that removes easy handle from multi handle, and
sets the URL on the easy handles and pushes this easy handle into multi
handle stack. I use same easy handle for all the URLs.

To stop existing transfer I just remove easy handle from multi handle and
reinsert it. I want to know if this is sufficient to close existing
connection with the server?
I want to open a new connection each time. I cant use easy_cleanup because I
want to retain other options set on easy handle. IS there any way to close
the connection with the server without calling clean up?

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Shivanand