Re: Using libcurl on Digi NET+OS

From: Adam Kellas <Adam.Kellas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 00:40:35 -0400

On 7/17/2010 5:50 PM, Matt Olcikas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to write a program that sends XML files to an external web server using HTTP POST. The program will be run on an embedded device using Digi NET+OS. This OS does not have a built-in HTTP library, so I am thinking of using libcurl. AFAIK, there is no libcurl port for Digi NET+OS. NET+OS has many posix functions and a berkley sockets API.

Does the system support Java? Java has built-in support for HTTP and
XML. Also, you can develop and test your Java program on a "real" OS
using an IDE such as Eclipse and transfer it later, no need to worry
about cross compilation. So if it's an option I think you should look at
Java seriously. Otherwise, libcurl is a great choice.

AK