Using libcurl on Digi NET+OS

From: Matt Olcikas <molcikas_at_bb-elec.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:50:29 -0500

Hello,

I want to write a program that sends XML files to an external web server using HTTP POST. The program will be run on an embedded device using Digi NET+OS. This OS does not have a built-in HTTP library, so I am thinking of using libcurl. AFAIK, there is no libcurl port for Digi NET+OS. NET+OS has many posix functions and a berkley sockets API.

I am experienced in writing C and have dabbled in makefiles, but I have never done anything this ambitious before.

My questions are:

1. Is libcurl the right library for me to use?
2. What steps do I need to follow to add libcurl to my project? I know it's a stupid questions but I can't find any documentation on this.
3. About how long will it take to get libcurl to working with my project?
4. Are there any gotchas I should know about before undertaking this?

Thanks in advance.