No connect time with 7.20.1 and multi interface

From: Dirk Manske <dm_at_nonitor.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:35:41 +0200

Hi,

in curl 7.20.1 (and also latested version from git) we don't have a connect
time with the multi interface. In 7.20.0 there was a connect time.

I think the problem is caused by the new line 576 in connect.c (7.20.1):

  if(WAITCONN_CONNECTED == rc) {
    int error;
    if(verifyconnect(sockfd, &error)) {
      /* we are connected, awesome! */
+ conn->bits.tcpconnect = TRUE;
      *connected = TRUE;
      return CURLE_OK;
    }

That flag is queried in url.c line 3264:

  if(!conn->bits.tcpconnect) {

    Curl_pgrsTime(data, TIMER_CONNECT); /* connect done */

    if(data->set.verbose)
      verboseconnect(conn);
  }

A possible fix would be to copy the three lines of that if-block
into the if-block in connect.c. But verboseconnect is not visible,
so linking curl results into:
 ../lib/.libs//libcurl.so.5: undefined reference to `verboseconnect'

Copying also verboseconnect would be ugly copy & paste, and dropping
the call would be an incomplete fix (then the connect time would be set
but the info message is missing).

Regards,
Dirk