Re: [imap] imap: Return folder listing if empty URL content is given.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:54:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Ben Greear wrote:

>> Also, this is another perfect example where provide a set of test cases
>> will be golden. Not the least to verify that the error cases still work out
>> as they should.
>
> Considering it takes a functional imap server with proper login
> credentials..how would one go about getting a working server to run a
> generic test case for this? Put up a server on the web and just hard-code
> the test cases to hit it? I'd be a bit scared to host such a thing
> myself...someone might cause undue mischief with it :(

No need for that. We have an IMAP test server in the test suite already - it
is somewhat funnily named 'ftpserver.pl' due to its heritage.

See test case 801 that so far is the only test case we have that tests IMAP.

It works in the same manner all other tests and test servers do: there's a
single file that controls exactly what the server is supposed to respond and
there are sections that tell exactly how the protocol exchange should look
like, and then the test script makes sure that everything is put together
correctly.