Re: [imap] imap: Return folder listing if empty URL content is given.

From: Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:22:46 -0700

On 03/30/2010 01:44 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Ben Greear wrote:
>
>> More work is needed to make imap useful, including parsing URLs to
>> grab folder and/or email ID. Folder list format might need to be
>> changed as well..it's pretty raw at the moment.
>
> Allow me to throw in some early feedback:
>
> I really approve of and like the idea, much like POP3 and FTP we can
> return listings when the URL ends with a trailing slash == no mailbox is
> given.
>
> Also, this is another perfect example where provide a set of test cases
> will be golden. Not the least to verify that the error cases still work
> out as they should.

Considering it takes a functional imap server with proper login
credentials..how would one go about getting a working server to
run a generic test case for this? Put up a server on the web and
just hard-code the test cases to hit it? I'd be a bit scared to
host such a thing myself...someone might cause undue mischief with it :(

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>