Re: autobuilds switch to git and adjust for c-ares

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:27:16 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Guenter wrote:

>> git://github.com/bagder/c-ares.git

> I think since we now made anyway a cut we should probably adapt testcurl.pl
> to look for c-ares from now on

It is of course easy to check for both. It's not like we will find any wrong
dirs by mistake in there.

> make the release script use c-ares as foldername (if this is not already
> so).

c-ares has been relased with a c-ares-[version] directory name since ages
actually.

> This avoids the symlink requirement which is especially for Windows
> important where no symlinks work ...

Yes, the symlink was just a suggestion. You can also checkout c-ares from git
and store within the curl tree directly. And since we write the testcurl
script ourselves, we can introduce any new alternatives we can come up that we
think are good to have.