Re: After the first twelve years

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 19:33:59 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010, Fredrik Gustafsson wrote:

> Although I'm a git fanboy I wonder why mercurial isn't choosed instead.
> Beeing a multiplatform program like curl, mercurial has a lot better
> platform independence than git.

Because I think git is the top of the line of the distributed version control
systems, and I use git for a lot of other things already and I rather limit
the amount of different tools I use in my daily development.

And of course, git uses libcurl! ;-)

> How about using a git superproject for curl and c-ares as a subproject? Then
> we have the cookie and can eat it at the same time...

Yes, that can be done but that still makes them to be separate projects (or
repos rather) and that's what I'm talking about!