RE: Is this a bug in the configure script?

From: Dantzler, DeWayne C <dewayne.c.dantzler_at_boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:07:41 -0700

2009/10/22, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> The compile command lines use -I to point out the root of the include
> dir, and that dir contains the curl subdirectory!

Yang wrote:

This has been documented in all of libcurl's man pages (40+ now) and in the README file available in the include subdir for more than ten years now.

The README file I mention is
http://curl.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/include/README?view=log

Up to version 7.18.0 line #10 used word "should" from 7.19.0 onwards line #10 uses word "must".

So my real question is if we still have to document this in some other place to prevent this showing up each time someone which did not follow the 10 years old suggestion gets surprised by it being a requirement when they upgrade to the 7.19+ version.

Thanks Daniel

In my attempt to configure Xerces to use libcurl I specified the include path for the configure script as follows:

./configure CXX=/opt/aCC/bin/aCC CXXFLAGS="-Aa -mt -g" CPPFLAGS="-I/site/sw/ots/curl/curl-7.19.6/include/curl" LDFLAGS="-mt" --enable-netaccessor-curl --with-curl='/site/sw/ots/curl/curl-7.19.6'

Your suggestion lead me to take a 2nd look and I found my mistake which was adding subdir curl to the path.