Re: Is this a bug in the configure script?

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:25:57 +0200

2009/10/22, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Dantzler, DeWayne C wrote:
>
> > (2) found that the curl.h had the following preprocessor include statement
> > #include "curlver.h" /* libcurl version defines */
> > #include "curl/curlbuild.h" /* libcurl build definitions */
> > #include "curlrules.h" /* libcurl rules enforcement */
> >

> The compile command lines use -I to point out the root of the include dir,
> and that dir contains the curl subdirectory!

In addition to the fact that the documented way that apps using
libcurl must include curl's public API header files is using
preprocessor directive #include <curl/curl.h>

This has been documented in all of libcurl's man pages (40+ now) and
in the README file available in the include subdir for more than ten
years now.

The README file I mention is
http://curl.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/include/README?view=log

Up to version 7.18.0 line #10 used word "should" from 7.19.0 onwards
line #10 uses word "must".

So my real question is if we still have to document this in some other
place to prevent this showing up each time someone which did not
follow the 10 years old suggestion gets surprised by it being a
requirement when they upgrade to the 7.19+ version.

--
-=[Yang]=-