Re: curle_couldnt_resolve_proxy

From: dr cs <sproutsnew_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:05:17 -0600

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, dr cs wrote:
>
> Please don't full-quote. Remove the quotes from your mail that serve no
> purpose.
>
> You said "You're supposed to make sure you provide a proxy name that
>> resolves!""
>>
>> How can I make sure / test that the proxy name is being resolve??
>>

> "nslookup [name]" is the standard way, and it even works in windows.
>
> When I test my application on my Windows machine, it works perfectly fine.
>>

> And they use the same proxy name and the same DNS server?

 Yes. My Linux box is a Virtual machine on my Windows machine.

> The problem, however, exists only when testing on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
>> 4.
>>

> I did telnet, on Linux box, with the proxy and it is successful.
>>

> You mean you could "telnet [proxy]" and it worked? If so, your libcurl
> version has a bug or something.

Yes.

> telnet <proxyIP> <Port>

Connected to <proxyIP>

I guess it is trying to resolve my host in the first case, and couldn't do
it! ( Strangely the problem is only on Linux and NOT on windows)
 As a result, it keeps returning couldn't resolve proxy.
My curl version on windows - 7.18.1
Curl version on Linux - 7.12.

Will this actually make a difference?

OR is it some configuration problem??