Re: Call for participation: transfer speed tests!

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:40:55 +0200

Hi all,
some weeks ago I've hacked a simple chkspeed:
http://www.gknw.net/mirror/curl/curl_speedtest/
maybe its useful for such speed tests ...
there's also a shell script which you can use to create some dummy test
files; you can define the download base path in the source and simply
test different sizes with paramter -m=S

I use chkspeed on Linux from cron to check for my ADSL download speed;
I also tried chkspeed from Win32 (W2K3SP2 and W2KSP4) and it always used
already full bandwidth of my ADSL line with default CURL_MAX_WRITE_SIZE;
also tested with ADSL 1Mbit line.

A nice GUI download tester for Win32 can be found here:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/download_speed_tester.html
for me the results are close to indentical with my chkspeed.

Gün.