Re: OS400 ftp server related problem

From: Jamie Lokier <jamie_at_shareable.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:12:30 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> All that while in the majority
> of all case it won't add extra round-trips. I figure it will though, on
> systems that report their paths without an initial slash, like windows.

Is there another distinguishing feature between Windows paths and
OS400 paths?

E.g. are Windows paths always in the form C:/the/path or
//unc/the/path, and are OS400 paths never in those forms?

(By the way, if anyone's curious, there's some details of support for
obscure system types in Emacs ange-ftp.el: It handles paths and
directory listings from VMS, CMS, MTS and BS2000 (whatever they are :-))

-- Jamie