Re: Build using CMake

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:24:13 +0200

hi Daniel,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> I can only seriously see us drop an existing build option if it lags behind
> and turns unusable. If a particular build system cannot be used, it's no use
> for us bundling it in release archives but as long as someone maintains a
> build system we already have I think that's proof enough that the build
> system makes sense to at least one user and then we can just as well keep
> shipping it.

That's exactly why I think autoconf cannot be dropped (there is always
a platform where auto* is required, I remember the time when I wanted
to drop it in libgd, bad idea :) ). CMake can live in parallel
without having any impact on the auto* script, there is then no issue
(almost ;).

Cheers,

--
Pierre