Re: Build using CMake

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:07:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:

>> I'm however _open_ for the _discussion_ about it.
>
> That's nice. I guess it would be acceptable if scripts generated by CMake
> were only marginally (not more than 20%?) worse than current auto ones.

Acceptable for what you mean?

I can only seriously see us drop an existing build option if it lags behind
and turns unusable. If a particular build system cannot be used, it's no use
for us bundling it in release archives but as long as someone maintains a
build system we already have I think that's proof enough that the build system
makes sense to at least one user and then we can just as well keep shipping
it.