Re: Build using CMake

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:03:45 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:

> Having this CMake build scripts doesn't prevent having the hand written
> nmake makefiles as well. This would allow to build curl without using CMake
> for those who doesn't want to use it. In the future we could add boost.build
> scripts so that people used to this build system could build this way.

I think we shouldn't have to add support for every imaginable build system
just because they exist. They all require maintenance (and we already have
problem to maintain the non-configure builds) and we risk "drowning" in
options.

Or would boost.build add anything in particular that cmake won't? (I've not
used either one.)