Re: Build using CMake

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:30:18 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I think we shouldn't have to add support for every imaginable build
> system just because they exist. They all require maintenance (and we
> already have problem to maintain the non-configure builds) and we risk
> "drowning" in options.

I see your point.
The problem is on windows there is no standard build system like
autotools for linux, however. That's why if we want to make building on
this platform easy we should make it possible to build using more than
one build system. This way user can choose the one he is familiar with.

Yes, that forces us to maintain all of them :)

> Or would boost.build add anything in particular that cmake won't? (I've
> not used either one.)

Yes, some users are familiar with it :)

Piotr Dobrogost

--
Piotr Dobrogost
*** curlpp.org - c++ wrapper for libcurl ***