Re: Need more information on handling ares with libcurl

From: vishnu sankar <visu_kvk_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2008 10:45:58 -0000

Hi all ,sorry for the previous blank mail.Some problem happened when i had send a mail .My development and testing environament are linux.I configured my dns resolver to a network which is not reachable.configured CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL and CURLOPT_TIMEOUT (2 secs ) options for easy handle.My multiperform&nbsp; returned asynchronously. I got the file descriptors as my active running handles is 1 and registered them for data.At this time i am not recieving any data for my registered file descriptors nor a time out response is initiated from libcurl .I dont expect any data because the resolver is not reachable and cant resolve my domain name . But&nbsp; i am expecting a time out response from libcurl which is not happening. Timeout is happening fine when i use libcurl without c-ares support.Am i missing some configuration or should i have to handle timeout myself when libcurl is built with c-ares support.Thanks,Vishnu.