Re: The TODO list

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:08:12 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> 1.4 Get IP address
> curl_easy_getinfo() now supports CURLINFO_PRIMARY_IP

Done

> 1.5 c-ares ipv6
> Doesn't curl now support this?

Done. There are still some quirks and things with it but it's not a TODO item
anymore.

> 1.6 configure-based info in public headers
> curlbuild.h is now a public header file.

Done.

> But a new issue should be added: that of no longer being able to use a
> single header file for multiple system variants (e.g. x86 vs x86_64).

But is that really possible to combine with the existing system? It would be a
bit odd to have a TODO item that basically means reverting one of the things
we did to implement a previous TODO item...

> 2.2 Pause transfers
> curl_easy_pause and CURL_READ/WRITEFUNC_PAUSE have been added

Done.

> 7.7 Provide callback for cert verification
> Is this equivalent to CURLOPT_SSL_CTX_FUNCTION?

It might be, but I also think the CURLOPT_CERTINFO feature is providing a lot
of the functionality such a callback would be used for. I think we can remove
this.

> 5.1 Other HTTP versions with CONNECT
>
> even relevant? What HTTP/1.1 features could one imagine using on CONNECT?
> Do proxies even support any of them?

It was once added there since it was debated by someone that it was a good
thing to do with some proxy, but I think history has proven that it wouldn't
make much of a difference and thus I think we can remove it from the TODO.