Re: [ANN] libproxy 0.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:43:15 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:

> 1. there are only three functions in the external API
> 2. the header is well commented
> 3. we have a HowTo section with code examples on the website
>
> I'm happy to take any suggestions on how we can improve this.

Ah, reading the header I then found a new reason to avoid this library in
libcurl:

   "This instance and all its methods are NOT thread safe"

There's just no way I can accept letting in code (for generic modern
platforms) in libcurl that isn't thread safe, or possible to make thread safe
with mutex callbacks etc.

> I just released 0.2.1 to fix a build issue, I hope it was yours. Please
> provide me with details and I'll gladly fix whatever issues you are having.

Yeps, this version runs configure and builds fine, thanks! The only downside
is that for some reason it only builds the envvar and file plugins for me,
even though I use both Firefox and Gnome and I figure it should use them too?

BTW, what is the file plugin? What file does it check for proxy info?