Re: Windows SDK 2003 support for XP and XP x64

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 23:16:32 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Bob Monat wrote:

> Attached are patches and new files (sdk2003.zip) to add support for Windows
> SDK 2003 for XP (32 bit) and XP x64 (64 bit). The build targets are
> sdk2003_xp and sdk2003_xpx64.

Thanks! But why the need for entirely new Makefiles? Wouldn't it make more
sense to just tweak the existing ones?

> Files output32.txt and output64.txt are testcurl.pl outputs.

Please mail them as desribed so that they can end up in the build table with
the other builds.

> What other configurations should I build?

For the build table, you can see how we do on other platforms. There's really
so many combinations so getting them all is impossible, but have a few
different combinations is good to trap errors and mistakes that are depending
on the config.

> I have not yet found how to build and run the tests.

They've always been lagging behind on windows and I'm not sure of their status
now either.