Re: Patch to add NSS support to curl

From: Rob Crittenden <rcritten_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:39:36 -0500

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>
> Nice work indeed Rob!
>
>> From Dan Fandrich's comment re: letting curl handle password
>> retrieval, I've attached a new patch without the prompting.
>
> I only found some minor nits:
>
> - the error text suggesting command line options is a bit weird, since most
> applications that use libcurl won't have them. I suggest it being phrased
> like "No NSS cacert database specified" instead.

Ok.

> - the "while (cipher_list && (strlen(cipher_list)))" is faster done :
> "while (cipher_list && cipher_list[0])"

Sure.

> - you don't follow the bracing standard of the curl code all over

Sigh, yes, I did my best as I coded but the two-space indent was driving
me mad :-) Do you have an indent formula for fixing things up? No
problem if you don't, just hoping.

> - I suspect that Curl_nss_version() should return a string that has "NSS/"
> prepended to the version number but I'm not sure since I don't know what
> NSS_VERSION contains...

Oh, good point. Now that I look at it closer it doesn't contain the
string NSS, just the library version. I'll fix that up too.

> I failed to install libnss-dev on my debian box right now though
> (apt-get complains on brokenness I really have no desire to fight right
> now), so I haven't been able to actually build with it yet.
>
>> it passes all of the built-in tests.
>
> But did you have stunnel installed so the HTTPS tests actually were
> performed?

$ stunnel -version
stunnel 4.15 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu with OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006
Threading:PTHREAD SSL:ENGINE Sockets:POLL,IPv6 Auth:LIBWRAP

TESTDONE: 289 tests out of 289 reported OK: 100%
TESTDONE: 318 tests were considered during 278 seconds.
TESTINFO: 29 tests were skipped due to these restraints:
TESTINFO: "rlimit problem: fds needed 1050 > system limit 1024" 1 times
(518)
TESTINFO: "curl lacks netrc_debug support" 6 times (130, 131, 132, 133,
134, 257)
TESTINFO: "curl lacks OpenSSL support" 1 times (509)
TESTINFO: "curl lacks NTLM support" 21 times (67, 68, 69, 70, 81, 89,
90, 91, 150, 155, 159, 162, 169, 170, 176, 209, 213, 239, 243, 265, 267)

> BTW, do you know if this would build on/for windows as well?

I haven't tried it but NSS is cross-platform so it should work fine.

I'll fix up the things you noted and generate another patch.

cheers

rob