Re: Patch to add NSS support to curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:40:39 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Rob Crittenden wrote:

Nice work indeed Rob!

> From Dan Fandrich's comment re: letting curl handle password retrieval, I've
> attached a new patch without the prompting.

I only found some minor nits:

- the error text suggesting command line options is a bit weird, since most
   applications that use libcurl won't have them. I suggest it being phrased
   like "No NSS cacert database specified" instead.

- the "while (cipher_list && (strlen(cipher_list)))" is faster done :
       "while (cipher_list && cipher_list[0])"

- you don't follow the bracing standard of the curl code all over

- I suspect that Curl_nss_version() should return a string that has "NSS/"
   prepended to the version number but I'm not sure since I don't know what
   NSS_VERSION contains...

I failed to install libnss-dev on my debian box right now though (apt-get
complains on brokenness I really have no desire to fight right now), so I
haven't been able to actually build with it yet.

> it passes all of the built-in tests.

But did you have stunnel installed so the HTTPS tests actually were performed?

BTW, do you know if this would build on/for windows as well?