Re: Unknown SSL protocol error

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:07:25 -0700

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 01:45:21PM -0500, Winslow, Dave - OJA wrote:
> Now, we are trying to get a version of pycurl and libcurl to work with
> Win32.
>
> We use Visual Studio 7. I know we need compatible source for libcurl,
> pycurl, openssl, and more? Can you direct us to the right downloads and
> some good instructions for creating libcurl.dll and building pycurl and
> openssl?

See docs/INSTALL in the source package. pycurl is completely separate and
unrelated to the curl project, so you'll need to look in that package for
building instructions. There is a curl and python mailing list at
http://cool.haxx.se/mailman/listinfo/curl-and-python if you get stuck.

> I'm not sure even how to properly ask my question. Can we use 7.15.5 -
> the latest? Or will we have to move to an earlier version. I think the
> steps are
> to compile libcurl with the "fix" and then run "python setup" for pycurl
> (so pycurl is aware of the new improved libcurl.dll).

That depends on pycurl, but libcurl should be backward compatible enough
that you ought to be able to use the latest libcurl with an earlier pycurl,
although you won't necessarily be able to use any of the latest features.

>>> Dan