Re: [Newbie] Need help getting anyauthput to work on Win.

From: Óscar Morales Vivó <oscarmv_at_aecsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:41:53 -0500

Thanks for the advice. I'll get into it as soon as I get back to my
work PC (most likely Monday) and get back to you with the results if I
can't figure it out by myself.

(and sorry for the reply thing. Thought the e-mail wouldn't carry any
information that would cause the threading to get confused).

On Mar 4, 2005, at 16:51 , Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Óscar Morales Vivó wrote:
>
> (please don't start new threads by replying to old mails, it ruins
> the threading in clients and web archives)
>
>> I've managed to download and build the library using Visual Studio
>> .net. It compiles and builds fine but when I try uploading something
>> I get a long delay followed by a CURLE_GOT_NOTHING error.
>
>> If anyone can clue me as to what I might be doing wrong I'd be
>> grateful (obviously I can give more details on request).
>
> We do need more details, this is next to nothing for us to go on.
> Fire up a network analyzer and check what HTTP traffic that is
> sent/received, or use the CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION to provide a detailed
> trace log.
>
> You could of course start with simply setting CURLOPT_VERBOSE to TRUE
> and see if that gives any clues.
>
> What does the server say in its log when you this?
>
>> I've been lurking for a couple days and it seems the default Win
>> install doesn't include SSL
>
> If you by "default Win install" mean the msvc devel package that is
> offered on the download page, then yes, it was previously marked as
> SSL-enabled when it was actually not.
>
>> and some other security stuff, but not being very knowledgeable
>> about these specific matters I'm not sure if that's the cause of my
>> problem.
>
> No, I don't think any of those would cause a problem such as the one
> you describe.
>
> You are using libcurl 7.13.0 then I guess?
>
> Is your server an IIS? Then you may in fact suffer from the anyauth
> bug we fixed in the 7.13.1 release...
>
> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- http://curl.haxx.se -- http://daniel.haxx.se
> Dedicated custom curl help for hire: http://haxx.se/curl.html