Re: [Newbie] Need help getting anyauthput to work on Win.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:51:54 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Óscar Morales Vivó wrote:

(please don't start new threads by replying to old mails, it ruins the
threading in clients and web archives)

> I've managed to download and build the library using Visual Studio .net. It
> compiles and builds fine but when I try uploading something I get a long
> delay followed by a CURLE_GOT_NOTHING error.

> If anyone can clue me as to what I might be doing wrong I'd be grateful
> (obviously I can give more details on request).

We do need more details, this is next to nothing for us to go on. Fire up a
network analyzer and check what HTTP traffic that is sent/received, or use the
CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION to provide a detailed trace log.

You could of course start with simply setting CURLOPT_VERBOSE to TRUE and see
if that gives any clues.

What does the server say in its log when you this?

> I've been lurking for a couple days and it seems the default Win install
> doesn't include SSL

If you by "default Win install" mean the msvc devel package that is offered on
the download page, then yes, it was previously marked as SSL-enabled when it
was actually not.

> and some other security stuff, but not being very knowledgeable about these
> specific matters I'm not sure if that's the cause of my problem.

No, I don't think any of those would cause a problem such as the one you
describe.

You are using libcurl 7.13.0 then I guess?

Is your server an IIS? Then you may in fact suffer from the anyauth bug we
fixed in the 7.13.1 release...